Me and massage therapy
I gained my first experience with massaging back in 2011 when I attended a few basic massage courses. I then went on to gain great experience when I became a masseuse in Hanmer Springs SPA in New Zealand where I had the opportunity to meet a lot of great masseuses and therapists from different parts of the world. After a few months I gained a lot of experience, skills and mainly motivation for my further education, so I decided to attend the West Coast College of Massage Therapy in Vancouver. I then had a brief stop in Prague where I worked at Infinit SPA and prepared myself for my journey to Canada. In 2015, I graduated from the WCCMT and gained a Diploma in the RMT program. I spent almost 600 hours in the college clinic and outreaches where I gained an enormus amount of experience and encountered patients with various issues. For example, I mobilized scar tissue in the plastic and burns department at the hospital, I performed lymph drainage techniques to decrease edema of an ICU patient, I worked with clients suffering from multiple sclerosis, fybromyalgia, or who underwent a recovery after injuries. After graduation I came back to Prague where I do my best to help my clients.
Education is a lifelong process and here is the list of my continual education.
- 2023 – Slings Myofascial Training teacher Foundation Level (after completing courses: Anatomy trains in motion, Slings essentials, Slings online theory assessment, Slings in Motion 1, 40 hodin)
- 2017 – Certified course of manual lymph drainage massage (120 hours)
- 2015 – Diploma in Massage Therapy, Competency Based, Mastery Level program in Registered Massage Therapy, 20 months training program (2388 hours)
- 2013 – Chinese pressure massage (20 hours)
- 2013 – Reflexology (20 hours)
- 2011 – Indian head massage (10 hours)
- 2011 – Deep tissue 1, deep tissue massage and myofascial release (40 hours)
- 2011 – Masseur for sport and regenerative massages excluding institutional medical care (150 hours)
Tereza has proven herself to be very professional, ethical and competent with a strong base knowledge and excellent skills in massage therapy. She was considered one of the best therapist during her senior clinical internship in our clinic.